Ukrainian-Western dating: 8 reasons for divorce and marriage breakdowns (part 2)

Dear friends,

In the first part of this article I described the first four reasons for divorce in Ukrainian-Western marriages.

Read the first part here:

Today, we continue to find out the remaining reasons why the international marriages break down.

ukraine dating tips

Here are the reasons #4-8 for divorce and marriage breakdowns:

4. Communication hunger

Many Russian and Ukrainian ladies are used to communicate with a wide circle of friends, neighbors, colleagues, taxi drivers, hairdressers and others. Thus, it is very important to support your wife to find new friends in a new country.

Otherwise, she will feel rejected. The main reason for divorce and unfaithfulness in Western-Ukrainian marriages is the lack of interest and understanding that is a direct result of the poor communication.

We said already that communication is a key to a happy marriage. You are wrong if you think that such basic forms of communication like “yes, thank you,” “do you love me”, or “yes, I love you …” are enough to develop your relationship with a Ukrainian woman.

5. Cultural differences in behavior

Cultural differences in behavior (different attitudes, values, manners and habits) can be quite traumatic, especially for someone who has moved to an unfamiliar environment. These differences based on diverse cultural concepts such as “individualism collectivism”, “rationality emotions”, and “success suffering” may lead to the confrontations between a Western husband and his woman from Ukraine.

From my personal experience, I can confirm that adaptation in a new country takes about 7 years; therefore, a period of the first 3-7 years is critical for any cross-cultural marriage.

6. Loneliness

Russian and Ukrainian women need to have a close friend because it’s in our blood. It is really important to find at least one friend with similar problems and experiences in a new country.

It is very problematic for many Ukrainian women moving to a new country to leave her old friends in Ukraine. Unfortunately, loss of contact with them is unavoidable for Ukrainian women.

I have experienced in Germany that many foreign husbands forbid their wives to maintain friendly relations with other Ukrainian and Russian women living there. Moreover, I have to mention that Western women do not really want to be friends with Ukrainian and Russian women.

Loneliness

Loneliness is an only friend of many women from Russia and Ukraine in a Western world. Therefore, it is important to support your wife to find new contacts in your country.

7. Ukrainian women’s relationship with their family

In some cases, the proximity of the mother can be the best solution for the quick integration of the wife into a new country. But I have to say that most of the Ukrainian and Russian mothers are too unhappy about their reality that their daughters move to a Western country.

There are many cases when the Russian and Ukrainian wives have brought their husbands to the “white heat” because of endless communication by phone and the mothers’ tips and tricks how to develop the daughter’s marriage with a Western partner

8. Illusions of Ukrainian brides living at the Western partner’s expenses

There are two most common types of Ukrainian women who never make their Western husbands happy and thus are at risk of getting a divorce from their husbands:

Type #1: Cinderella Forever

These women ask themselves why they should learn a language and integrate into a new life. It is easier for them to clean and cook because finally everything is stable in their life.  Many men consider such women boring and lose interest over time.

Type #2: A Born Princess

These Ukrainian women believe that they are the most beautiful, young, gorgeous and sexy. They always only require, but do not want to do anything for their marriage. It is understandable that the men lose their patience over time and apply for a divorce.

ukraine lady

In the next article, I will give you seven simple rules for a successful Western-Ukrainian marriage!
Promised! 🙂

krystyna

krystyna

Questions? Feel free to ask Krystyna, your Ukrainian dating expert 🙂 (s. here: Contact Krystyna)

Love,

Krystyna

Ukrainian Dating Blog

Krystyna

Krystyna

Krystyna is a Russian and Ukrainian dating blogger and Youtube video coach. On Ukrainian dating blog, you find more than 500 articles on dating Russian and Ukrainian ladies. Enjoy! No time to look for specific information or article? Check my “Krystyna’s lessons on successful dating Ukrainian ladies”. The guide offers you useful tips you must follow on your adventure to find your special Ukrainian woman for marriage. For more info, just click HERE

You may also like...

5 Responses

1. James says:

Hello Krystyna,

This statement is only your opinion. You need to qualify this paragraph with, “this is only my opinion”.

Krystyna writes:
    “I have experienced in Germany that many foreign husbands forbid their wives to maintain friendly relations with other Ukrainian and Russian women living there. Moreover, I have to mention that Western women do not really want to be friends with Ukrainian and Russian women”.

Valya has made Western women her friend. It all depends on the Eastern European women my dear. My opinion is, Eastern European Women do not wish to have Western Women as their friend(s).

I see both sides of this Krystyna. Ukraine/Russian women (in my opinion) are intimidated by the boldness of Western Women. They compete with men in America, this concept is foreign to Eastern Women, or, more accurate, stupid to Eastern Women, (in my opinion).

I encourage you to come to America for a visit. This trip would give you much information for your blog. So, I challenge you, come and see for yourself first hand my dear.

This is my personal invitation to visit and gather data and even maybe see New York, Chicago, etc. A trip like I describe would give your readers what they would like to see. You understanding Western Culture. You cannot learn about it over the Internet, or in a book or magazine. Come and embrace this culture first hand.

If you came to my area, Valya and I would love to show you the sites, sounds, and smells of this part of America.

Think about it, you can even stay in the area where your people are, (Ukraine/Russian). However, it is not necessary to do so. All American’s would embrace you.

Your Friend,
    James

• Krystyna Krystyna says:

Dear James,

first of all, thank you for your comment!

And of course, thank you so much for your invitation to visit you in America! Maybe if I am destined and that the Lord wants, I will visit you in the United States. I have wanted to visit this country for a long time. 🙂

Now, I want to respond to your comments. First, this is my blog, so I describe my opinion and my experience. You know that I have 10 years of living in Germany and gained a lot of experience with Western culture. In my opinion, you right if you are writing that “Ukraine/Russian women (in my opinion) are intimidated by the boldness of Western Women. They compete with men in America, this concept is foreign to Eastern Women, or, more accurate, stupid to Eastern Women, (in my opinion).

Many Russian and Ukrainian women moving to a Western country (not only to the United States, but also Canada, Germany, UK or Holland) are intimidated by the emancipation of Western ladies. But from my experience of living in Germany, I want to mention that Western/German women do not tolerate the (traditional/conservative) culture of Russian and Ukrainian women and believe that us Russian and Ukrainian women are all frivolous and windy.

You know, James, I am a very open and International woman but it has always been difficult for me to make German women my friend. I have many International friends (from UK, Brazil, France and Italy), but unfortunately only one German female friend (and many German male friends).

I am happy to hear that Valja, your wife, has made American women her friend. Maybe, American women are more friendly and opener towards foreign women than German women. I do not know that.

You are writing, “trip like I describe would give your readers what they would like to see. You understanding Western Culture. You cannot learn about it over the Internet, or in a book or magazine.”

I know Western culture pretty good, in my opinion (I lived in Germany, Sweden and Italy) and have a relationship with a German man. I have learned about it not over the Internet, or in a book or magazine, but from my personal experience (I’ve lived in Germany, Sweden and Italy).

I guess Germany is more than a Western country. Ukrainian and German cultures are more than different. It is said in Ukraine and Russia that US-American and Ukrainian/Russian cultures are alike.

In my blog, I describe my opinion – not everyone will agree with my opinion and my experience. They do not have to. Everyone has their own opinion. I am accepting this. I just hope my articles can help to understand our culture better.

Peace! 🙂

Krystyna

• James says:

Hello My Dear,

You missed the point Krystyna, I am referring to Western (American) Culture. Western European Culture is not Western American Culture.

This was my reason for the offer to visit. You are still to far away to appreciate the real differences from Ukraine vs American.

Hope you can travel soon to see for yourself.

James

• Krystyna Krystyna says:

Hello James,

Although the U.S. market is the largest in the International dating industry, I get messages from my readers who come from Germany, England, Australia, Canada, France, Belgium, Denmark and countries of the Arab world.
          Thus, I do not guess I should write my articles on intercultural differences only for the U.S. readers. I write for everyone from every country over the world! 🙂

But as I said before, I am curious and open to all, so maybe we’ll see in America once.

Nothing is impossible! 🙂

Krystyna

• James says:

Krystyna,

I support your ideas, my suggestions revolve around accuracy. I hope to see comments from other cultures here as well.

Remember one important fact, dating is not marriage. International dating is even more challenging as both parties can pretend to be something or someone they are not. The real goal, marriage and longevity. This is only my opinion, however, my experience is “American” men want honesty. Games are for children and in many cases, I refer to an article you wrote last year, older man, younger woman for meeting abroad, for adventure, is a game or life fantasy.

It is not evil, it is not harmful if both parties agree. Most men, in my opinion want this woman for life, not for when she can become available, in my opinion. Eventually, as human beings we want companionship, not fantasy.

What are your thoughts? Do you believe that story is accurate? We all wish to wake up each day with our significant other, in my opinion…

Isn’t this why you write this blog my dear?

All the best,