Nine Tips on How to Identify and Avoid Ukrainian Pro-Daters
Ukrainian online dating is intended to be a safe environment yet oftentimes when dating people forget to look for the “Red Flags”. There are always red flags that we should have seen but at times they are not noticeable.
From my personal experience, I know that online dating can be frustrating as well as lead to hurt feelings and even financial loss. In fact, I know that there are Ukrainian daters that do not send out red flags and unfortunately leave you unaware. In my article “Four Types of Ukrainian & Russian Dating Scammers” I wrote about professional Ukrainian online daters (for more details click HERE). In the first stages of dating a Ukrainian pro-dater will communicate effectively and never trigger the typical red flags like asking for money. These daters encourage you to make a first visit and in the end will leave you baffled.
Yet there are ways to avoid the Ukrainian pro-dater and certain red flags that are visible if you know what to look for. Here are a few red flag signs as well as precautions to take.
- Avoid scams by arranging the first meeting in a public place such as a coffee shop or café. This goes for men as well for women. Men, there are many ladies who fit the Ukrainian pro-dater scam profile.
- Be leery of someone who tries to direct you to an expensive restaurant or luxurious shopping mall. This Ukrainian pro-dater is typically looking for money. Trust me; it will be your pocketbook not theirs.
- Be cautious of those who are in a hurry to date again for these are players move quickly and want money now. In my opinion if you slow them down it will discourage them and they will move on.
- They are persistent on wanting to meet you right away. Generally within the first or second email or correspondence they initiate a first date and do not give up until you comply. Again, the Ukrainian pro-dater is looking for quick cash. Please take your time.
- Know that you make the ultimate decision when it comes to money. You have the power of your own finances. Do not allow your date to make you feel inadequate, embarrassed or rude if they make personal requests or favors.
Look for contradictions in what they say. Believe me, players normally stretch the truth. Be attentive, for over time you will notice conflicting comments and red flags.
- Take your time before getting serious. It will not be obvious to recognize a player personality on the first or even the second date.
- Stay clear of people who are preoccupied with themselves. From personal experience I know that that this type of person can be persuasive and really charming. This Ukrainian pro-dater is only concerned about what they want and will go to great lengths to get it. Likewise, they are usually good looking and know it and will most likely treat you very poorly.
- Be cautious when your date says “I love you”, “I really like you” or “We were destined for each other”. Typically this person is either desperate for love or a con. Just remember, love takes time and does not typically happen like the fairy tales “Love at first Sight”.
- If you have a tendency to attract players then I advise you to stop dating. It will be in your best interest, for it will save you financial distress and hardship.
These tips not only relate to online dating but also to offline dating. Just as well, it is up you to protect yourself by being aware. In addition, it is up to you to create a dating environment that is financially and emotionally safe. Equally, it is possible to find a lot of nice women from Ukraine who are not Ukrainian pro-daters. Just remember to go at your own pace and watch for red flags.
Questions? Feel free to ask Krystyna, your Ukrainian dating expert 🙂 (s. here: Contact Krystyna)