Getting married a Ukrainian & Russian wife: Pros & Cons
Today I would like to discuss asking for a Russian / Ukrainian woman’s hand in marriage, namely: the pros and cons of this very hot topic. The idea of dating a Russian or Ukrainian woman sounds intriguing to many Western men, doesn’t it? Some of you get a hard-no just by thinking about it. Russian or Ukrainian women really do make some of you guys go crazy.
The idea of the exquisite appeal and exotic beauty. The idea of black fishnet stockings, vodka and really great sex. It all sounds perfect. It’s not though. There is an equal mix of reality and fantasy mixed in, with the emphasis on the reality.
I selected a list with the pros and cons to help you to decide if you want to date and get married a lady from Russia or Ukraine or not. Here we go with the cons first:
1) Some of you might see this as a con, some of you might not. Dating a Russian or Ukrainian woman does involve some gift-giving. We are not talking about buying her a box of chocolates and calling it a day. There’s more to it than this.
This practice comes from the West. Traditionally, women from Russia or Ukraine like to be lured in with expensive gifts and romance. We are talking about major romance. Sorry guys. It’s true. If you want to get the girl, you will have to pour on the charm, but in a genuine way. Russian and Ukrainian women can spot fake romance tactics a mile away.
Learn more about this topic in my dating articles:
- Give expensive gifts or not: that is the question?
- Should Western men always pay for Ukrainian & Russian ladies?
- The Ukrainian dating dilemma: to pay or not to pay for women from Ukraine?
2) They have to look incredibly beautiful at all times. This even goes for a trip to get the mail or to the store. Most Russian and Ukrainian brides have to look like a model 24/7. This can be seen as scary, even downright intimidating at times. It’s the way they are.
Learn more about Russian and Ukrainian beauty in my articles:
- The Beauty Secrets of Ukraine Women
- The Special Beauty of Ukrainian Women
- What are we, Ukrainian women?
3) This one is going to be difficult for some of you. When you marry a Russian or Ukrainian woman you marry into her whole family. The family tends to be big on food.
Food is a big thing for the family. You will be overfeed to the point of throwing up. It’s also customary to finish everything. It’s seen as impolite to walk away from your plate without finishing your meal.
Learn more about Ukrainian and Russian food:
4) To say most Russian and Ukrainian women are high-maintenance is an understatement. They are very demanding, to the point of being sort of unreasonable.
They expect to be loved so madly, that they can’t even see straight. They expect good manners at all times. Things like buying flowers and opening up doors is a must.
Now, let’s discuss some of the pros for dating a Russian or Ukrainian woman.
1) This first one might vary from culture to culture, but most of the are pretty straight-forward. They don’t enjoy playing games, unlike the American girls over here. Your girl is going to be honest about everything.
She will be honest as to whether or not she wants kids. She will be honest as to whether she wants to get married right away or wait. If you are tired of the garbage and long for honesty, these girls have got it in spades. It’s a two-way street.
They expect you to be honest with them too. If you can’t, they will consider it a waste of time.
2) These girls cook everything from scratch. Most of them do not know what a t.v. dinner is. These girls know how to cook. They cook a great deal, as we discussed above (take a look on a picture below – Ukrainian food cooked by Krystyna).
Everything is made from scratch, this includes the basics. If you are into old-fashioned, home-cooked meals, than you have hit the jackpot with these girls.
3) Loyalty is everything to a Russian woman. They are incredibly nurturing. If they decide to marry you and settle down, it’s going to take a very serious situation to change their minds. We are being serious here.
They will take care of their man in a big way. Russian girls have some of the best loyalty traits in the world. As we mentioned, some of these characteristics will vary from region to region.
90% of the time this feature is dead-on. If this excites you guys, than you might want to start making plans.
4) To say that a Russian or Ukrainian woman is protective, attentive and confident is an understatement. If you are dating a Russian girl, she will make you feel like you are 10 feet tall or more.
She will make you feel like you are the only man in the world, even if you are just average-looking. You don’t have to be a perfect ten for a Russian girl to be interested.
Once she has her eye on you, it’s pretty much over. Her protectiveness and confidence will more than make up for what you feel you lack inside.
She will put her arms around you at all times. She will slink around you, making you feel like you are center stage. This might seem a bit over-protective to some of you guys, but don’t fight them on this.
Russian and Ukrainian ladies are notorious for fighting for the one they love. She will not look to kindly on those who try to take you away from her. Once you begin dating, you are considered her property. She expects you be respectful of this too. Otherwise, she will look for some guy who is.
I suggest not fighting them on this. I suggest just going with the flow and enjoying the attention. What man does not like to be doted upon? There aren’t many I can think of. If you fight them on this, they will consider this a major insult.
Just as you have to dote on her, she enjoys giving it back. If you are the type of guy who does not like this sort of attention, than she might not be for you. Russian and Ukrainian women like to keep their men happy. She will do anything for you.
GET THE PICTURE OF LADIES FROM UKRAINE AND RUSSIA!?
Guys, will you allow the cons to outweigh the pros? Will you allow the pros to outweigh the cons?
Which type of guy are you?! 🙂Questions? Feel free to ask Krystyna, your Ukrainian dating expert 🙂 (s. here: Contact Krystyna)
Sharing is caring. I would greatly appreciate it if you share my post with your social network!